February 05, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 17

Hey there my lovelies out there!

I am at the end of a great day as I write this to you, and I hope you also enjoyed your day! (tell me about your day :))

My day was full of taking care of myself, and enjoying some great food in the company of many nice people.

While the archive might still be barren of a large amount of great (not Tracy Anderson related) content, I would like to let you know that I've got a lot coming up! :)

I think the reason why I am very pleased with this day (even though I got nothing "real" done), is because I took the time to invest into myself. I am starting to create a daily routine that makes me feel more feminine and powerful in my self, and I look forward to exploring this side more. Stay tuned for the details *hehe*

Because I am just so thrilled about what hair, make-up and outfit can do to self-esteem, I'd like to show you how I left the house today:



 You can imagine that all I felt was elegance, femininity and just happiness about wearing an elegant outfit, styled hair and perfect make-up. AND: This look was accomplished in 30 minutes! Just shows that glamour doesn't have to be a matter of hours spent in front of the mirror! :) (Just don't get sidetracked by the Internet or other things while you are doing it...ähem.)

So, all in all a great day and a good start into the right direction!




The Diet

Boy, do I have some great things to share with you here today! 

First of all, I'd like to let you know, that I MADE IT! I finally managed to get my courage together and make a GREEN SMOOTHIE! *yey* 

I think I'll name this one The Dreaded One

  • 1 apple
  • 1 pear
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 1 1/2 cups of water
After you've blended all these bits together, you'll have green glup (as it goes with smoothies). Why did I call it the dreaded one? Because I hate spinach with a passion. When I was younger one of my Nannies (the Cinderella stepmother type) made spinach once a week especially, because she knew I hated it. She would let me sit in front of an entire bowl of spinach and not let me get up until I either ate it, or my Mam came to pick me up. This is why just the smell of spinach already sets me off.

But why be so stupid and put it in a smoothie, you ask? Well, because people on the Internet say you don't taste the greens, and I decided it was time to face my fears. As it turns out, you really don't taste the spinach much. The dominant flavour is the banana and there is just a tangy, earthy component to it, from the spinach. Nevertheless, ever sip I took, I expected the dreaded taste of spinach. It never came, but I also didn't drink more than a small glass of the stuff. My nerves couldn't take it.

Next week I will go out and by kale, the other hyped green in healthy-food world. And I might use apple juice instead of water tomorrow. After about 2 weeks of talking about it, I finally made a green smoothie...I'm happy!

Now to the really good stuff! A friend of mine and P's celebrated his birthday today, and we all met up in a lovely Italian restaurant (he is Italian). Because I only had a glass of The Dreaded One today, I just let myself enjoy the food and really spoil myself.

P. and me (VERY HUNGRY)

Here a starter plate that P. shared with me:


Antipasti
It was delicious! I had most of the vegetables. The courgettes were AMAZING! (really have to find out how to make them taste like that) In addition I had one slice of bread and a little mozzarella and just a taste of the meat.

As my main course, I ordered my all time favorite, as I am not cooking it at home anymore: Tagliatelle in cream sauce. *swoon* This is really my all time favorite meal.


I could eat it again just looking at this picture......

But this is not where the good stuff ends. There is more! *muehehe* Because I hadn't eaten all day, and because I felt glamorous enough to say "hey, I can have dessert", I had dessert! My favorite Italian (?) dessert: Profiteroles + (of course) a cup of tea


It was perfect. After I finished my cup of tea, I was pleasantly full, but not bursting. And I really liked the thought of small pleasures that I save for myself, without guilt. Having this meal was way more fulfilling mentally, as some random biscuit or junk-food at home, or at McDonald's. Making it a proper event, with my beloved tea, that's what made the difference, and I am not going back to mediocre!

Cardio

I didn't do the cardio today, as I wanted to give my feet a little rest, but I think that I will be able to get back on the cardio track from either tomorrow or Wednesday. I will give it a try tomorrow and Wednesday, if it still doesn't get better, then I'll stop by at the hospital to have it checked out. 

I was also thinking of substituting one of the cardios for a little run outside, as I never seem to get out of the house. Now that I've mentioned this thought, let's see when I put it to the test ;) (Usually takes a while...just think how long I needed for green smoothie)

Workout

The workout went really well today, as I was very focused. I had started watching the DVD on my laptop, while the TV was on, but I noticed that it did affect my workout, and I was starting to take ages. I would just open my mail between cardio and workout, or get distracted by what was on TV. But not today! Today I had the workout on my TV and just popped in an audio CD of one of the most inspiring women I know: Rori Raye. If every woman knew what she has to say, there would be no divorces, cheated women, women with low self-esteem, no drama-girls, toxic relationships, or anything in that arena.

I can't really do her credit here, but I will devote a post to her in the future for sure. Here is her blog if you want to have a look (I suggest you subscribe for the newsletter - it's great) and let me know what you think, or if you have questions! To me, she is the sort of women I want to become. She is the butterfly as far as becoming a feminine and strong women goes. 

I am looking forward to the new workout already, though, just shows how impatient I can be :D


That's it from me today, but I am really feeling good while I am writing this to you. I could be upset about the amount, or what I ate, or that I couldn't do cardio today - but I'm not. I took care of myself, I did the first step in a changed future and I still managed to invest in my workout and enjoy the company of friends. 

Today was really a good day. 

I send you all my love and positive energy, 
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment