February 01, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 15

As I have been saying that I wanted to do the workout earlier, and I've never kept to my word, I would like to introduce a new set of rules to this challenge:

  • The workout has to be started before 8PM
  • If I fail to start before 8PM, due to procrastination, I am not allowed do the workout anymore

I know that this might seem counterproductive to my goal, but it is the only way I force myself to respect myself and my body. 

I have been slipping into the bad habit of starting my workouts after 11PM or even later, because I never felt like starting. After more than two weeks of this, I just had enough. Starting late not only reduces my chances of doing the workout at all, it also affects the quality and results. 

You can imagine that I am  not focused when I start my workouts at 12AM, and that I get impatient and start fidgeting around, wasting time. (A workout that takes an hour, can take up to 2 1/2 hours with me.)

Of course I am allowed start the workout late, if there really isn't any other time in the day, but as I am currently on vacation.....I don't see why this should happen to me too soon.  

It is important to me, to not just create a habit of doing some random jumps and leg lifts, but to create an exercis routine that really gives me a boost for the day. If I only do it at night, tired and unmotivated, how can I expect great results? Exactly :)

As soon as university starts again, I want to have created the habit of doing my workouts in the early morning, after a coup of tea and a good book, then showering and taking care of how I look.

The Diet

I stuck to my word yesterday, and I only had a little piece of P's banana cake with a cup of tea for breakfast and a nice bowl of soup for dinner. As it's still very cold here in Austria, having a nice bowl of soup was just the right thing!

Because I spent my fist day on vacation just relaxing in bed, I didn't really eat anything properly until I made dinner. As I love vegan and vegetarian options for dinner, I thought I'd follow my good friend Tatsy Skreinig's post from yesterday with an easy and quick vegan dish. (I also have sausages wrapped in bacon with potato salad on my menu for this week, wouldn't have been ideal for today ;))

I am trying to eat more and more vegan, as I have an allergy against milk-products (I get tired), and so I really needed to find something that would replace my beloved cream sauce. I just love pasta with cream sauce and onions, and I am not ready to give it up. For this weeks menu I wanted a vegan cream that I could use for pasta and I found this great and very easy recipe from The Gluten Free Vegan (how perfect for me) 

Unfortunately, I'm quite a messy at the moment, and so I don't know where I put my mobile cable, so I can't transfer the photos here right now. (I'll upload the photos as soon as I've won the war against my mess) 

As I didn't read the instructions correctly, I didn't let the cashews soak in water long enough, and I think it affected the results of my sauce. I didn't manage to get it as creamy as shown in the original recipe and I think I'll just have to give it another try, and actually read the instructions properly. 

I added some nutmeg in the end and it really rounded it all off nicely. I was very suspicious about the cream sauce at first, and I didn't eat a huge amount, but it was actually pretty nice. Especially the nutmeg created the same taste that I get, when I make my usual sauce for tortellini. I didn't make any mushrooms (yuck!), but added some sweetcorn and peas and carrots. All in all a filling and  quick'n'easy meal. 

I also gave my gluten-free pasta a chance today and I must say, I'm impressed. I think they tasted great and you wouldn't know that they weren't regular pasta at all! The only downside is that the pack costs nearly double what the normal pasta would cost here. I used the Fusilli "Free From" from Spar. (Not sure how international this product is)

As a sort of night and blog-writing snack, I am having a cup of tea and a biscuit from IKEA right now. Originally I had placed two biscuits on my little saucer, but then decided that one would be perfect as a treat, while two would just be too much.

I still haven't managed to make myself a green smoothie (I just hate kale and spinach), but tomorrow I am going to do it! 

I found new inspiration from my idol Dita von Teese, who drinks a greenie EVERY DAY!  (She also eats some amazing things.) I love how she makes food an occasion. She doesn't just stuff her face, but has all these quick and easy options (she loves avocadoes) without dieting. 

That's my ultimate goal: Turning food and it's preperation into something glamorous and body worshipping. You can't ever go wrong (or over-weight) with that, right?

Cardio

Cardio was nothing special today, as I didn't really give it my all. I was more or less just going through the routines without really trying hard and giving up easier. I still did the Total Cardio Workout, as I need to go easy on my left legt. For some reason my heel is really hurting and I don't want it to turn into something serious. I also just enjoy the music from this cardio workout, as it's very fast and with a good beat. (I love a good beat) 

What I love most about it though, is what most people hat: The mistakes. Tracy and her other three trainers learn the dances while filming the cardio breakdown, and then straight away go into the dances themselves. This of course means, that there are some wrong movements, or other miss-haps that just make them seem so human. I love that. You can make as many mistakes as you want, doesn't mean that your workout is going to be bad. I also really enjoy looking at one of the other trainers (Amy, I think), who is just so beautiful and full of energy. Whenever I need to motivate myself, or want to know how to get the maximum out of the routine, I look at her. 

Workout

Workout was good, I think. I can do the arms part pretty well by now and the abs section, even though it's challenging, is getting easier every day. Legs is of course my big challenge, but I think it's going good. There are two movements where you have all your weight on your legs that I still can't do completely and that is the reason I am destroying my mat. Because all my weight is in my legs, my feet are ripping off the top layer of my mat and I have to reshift a couple of times during each session. As it's a cheap mat I don't mind, but if you have an expensive one, be careful. 


I was much happier with myself today, because I started my workout without hesitation, at a set time, and just did it. I am sorry that I missed yesterday, but I guess that's just the real-life experience. Some days are just better than others, and I am constantly learning. I don't list the days I miss, so if today is day 15, then I really have done 15 days of exercise. I intend to include three bonus days after day 19 and then only do the review, as the results will be more acurate. 

I hope you are taking care of yourself, and not putting yourself under pressure. Just relax and enjoy whatever you are doing, and if you screw up sometimes, just keep going. 

I am not accepting failure, but I am learning from it!

"Succes consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."    (Winston Churchill) 

Lots of love, 
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment