January 21, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 5 1/2

Hey ladies of the world! I hope you have had a great weekend, and are full of energy for another week full of potential!

I had a great weekend, even though I went a little overboard with food. In case you noticed that yesterday should have been my day five, you are right. In Metamorphosis you are allowed have one in seven days off, so I chose yesterday as my exercise-free day. (Not quite sure if I am actually allowed pick which day is my free day....ah well)

Today was also the first day that I noticed a psychological improvement. After I did my cardio and showered, I chose to wear a top that had been on my "you've become too fat for this" - list. Doing the workout has already made me feel a lot better about my body, and I feel excited about wearing my nice clothes again. (As opposed to my jeans and some plain shapeless jumper)

They say the camera adds 10 pounds....? :D


Without further ado, let me tell you how day five went, and why I won the bonus prize of an extra workout day! (yaaaaay.....)




The Diet

Ok. So this weekend was the exact opposite to last week. We could play "Where is Wally", while I try to find the healthy food in what I ate this weekend. (Random: Does anyone else love "Where is wally?" :))

It all started with an absolutely thoughtless breakfast on Saturday morning. I had one baguette and I ate it with peanut butter, jam, or a leaf of salad. I didn't use butter, but margarine. (I don't even like the taste of that). For lunch P. and I had some wraps that I made for us. I am not sure, but if you left out the creme fraiche and cheese, I think it wouldn't be too bad health wise? At least it tasted great and we each had two wraps, and a lot of fun :) 

P. preparing his wrap. (He wanted me to mention that he is drinking "coke zero")

This is how we made them:
  • Fry onions, garlic, peppers in a pan
  • Add chicken as needed
  • Add fajita seasoning mix (or make from scratch) + some water/ tomato sauce
  • Cook rice and heat tortillas in oven
  • prepare toppings such as avocado and salad (cheese and creme fraiche if you want)
  • Special: Because I love mixing things up, I have started adding fruits to the onions and chicken bits. I usually buy a tin of unsweetened fruits and just toss them in with a little fruit juice. This gives the wrap a lovely sweet and fruity taste that mixes really well with the more savoury ingredients. ( I also need less chicken)
You can imagine how full we were after these two wraps! I tend to cook too much in general. I've got a family of six, so when we cooked, it would always be large batches to feed everyone. Now that I live alone with P., I still cook large batches...and then force myself to eat it all. 

For breakfast I really wanted to try some vegan pancakes with a banana-strawberry cream, so I prepared two pancakes for myself at around 12PM. 

 These pancakes are so easily done, and you need next to nothing if you feel like making some yourself!

Here are the two sources that I used as inspiration:

1) For the pancake: I used alpro soya natural as milk substitute and whole wheat flour

2) For the amazing banana-strawberry cream: If you are looking for exciting vegan recipes and a beautiful and genuine blogger, I really recommend this blog (Oh she glows)



Here with one of my favorite pancake toppings: Prunes! :D

We went out for dinner tonight with a group of friends, and I don't really want to tell you what I ate (oh the shame!). I don't know what happened to me there, but I let my tummy and old habits do the thinking while we ordered our meals. The good thing: I had water with some juice to drink. And now my food confession: I ate

  • Main Course: chicken fillet baked with cheese + fries + rice + spaetzle + mushroom cream sauce
  • Dessert (this is where  I really don't understand what happened): Some form of cake with cream and chocolate sauce ( I was already full - totally unnecessary!)
The problem wasn't that I ate too much of these things, it was just that there is not one thing that I ate tonight that I would classify as "healthy". No vegetables, no salad, too many carbohydrates...

But, it's eaten now! The only thing I can do, is make up for it tomorrow. I am still stuffed after approx. eight hours and I think I will go easy on myself tomorrow and eat soup.



To kill all the fantastic memories of what I ate today, let me tell you what's really grossing me out right now. (Don't read if you have a sensitive stomach, or if you are eating....seriously! Ew-factor 10/10)

While I am writing this, I am actually really creeped out by my new kitten. We've only had Boo (from Super Mario's Bu Huu) for a week now, but seems we're going to be doing all the ugly stuff right from the start! Since she is really shy, we weren't sure if we should take her to the vet while she is still scared of us, or wait until she has warmed up a little. The problem is that we got Boo from a farm and she hasn't had any vaccinations or anthelmintic therapies. We guess that this is the reason for her running around the house licking her bum...and the more we are sure that she has worms, the more I want to go to bed so that I can bring her to the vet faster. I think I am having a real girly moment right now. (ew!) Are there any cat-lovers out there that have advice for me?

 OMG...things just got worse...diarrhea.

I don't deserve this. How come I have a pooping worm-machine and I haven't even been able to cuddle her yet?

Cardio

Cardio was really great again, and I can feel how I am getting better.(I feel a lot more like a dancer than an elephant now). Having my own music and just really performing to it, really makes me feel excited about the cardio section. I also like having the timer in my mobile running, while I am dancing. I hate when she says "you've reached the five minute mark" and all I can think is, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

Doing the cardio has also helped against sore muscles. As I have done the cardio every day (except yesterday) I don't feel as much pain as I thought I would.

The playlist for today: 
  • Taio Cruz            - There She Goes (loved this one as the first song)
  • Medina                - You and Me Forever Remix
  • Jason Derulo    - Breathing
  • Klaas&Bodybangers - Give me a Freak
  • Nicki Minaj         - Pound the Alarm
  • Tony Iggy             - Astronomia (the perfect song for the last minutes - total energy boost)


To create the playlist I just plug in my mp3 player with my workout folder and try which songs fit and which ones don't. It gives me more pleasure not knowing which songs will turn up at first, and if it doesn't fit, I just go to the next one. This way, I can create a folder of Metamorphosis-friendly music that will help me really enjoy the cardio.

The Workout

Because I started the cardio to late, I had to shower so that we could meet our friends for dinner, before I could do the mat-workout. Throw in procrastination and two exams that I haven't prepared for, and you know why I am the lucky winner of an extra workout day! 

Not doing the workout today is absolutely my fault. I didn't take care of my other chores so that they wouldn't swamp me suddenly, and I wasted too much time on stupid things.

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." (Henry Ford)
I know that missing a workout, or parts of it, can be a major hurdle. It's the deciding moment where you either continue and forgive myself for the slip, or where I give up. As giving up is out of the question, I guess I just have to forgive myself, but not without learning from it. I know exactly why I missed the workout today, and I will try to avoid the reasons in the future. 

  • I want to stay on top of my university work, so that it doesn't end up consuming an entire day
  • I want to do the workouts in the morning
  • I only split the cardio and workout if I have a good reason


Phew! Day 5 1/2 is done! But I really need to start writing these posts faster. Takes me aaaaaages to finish. 

But now I need to go to bed! (It's 3 AM over here) 

I wish you a good night/day and all the best for Monday!

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment