January 17, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of my Metamorphosis Challenge :) 

Today was one of those days, where you want to give up before you start. To quote Kevin Suboc, it was 
"One of those days where I want to curl up into a ball and forget about the world."
I bet you've had plenty of those days. It's always the same: At first I get all psyched about something, but when reality hits, I feel overwhelmed. Everything seems so much harder when you actually have to show up. I didn't miss the workout though, and I am not giving up. :) 

The reason I sound a little down is that I was surprised by some bad news, and life got in the way of  my idealistic plans. What makes me feel good about it though, is that it is very in tune with CaB. I am not perfect, but I still want to try and give my best. There will always be something in the way and upsetting my plans. But I want to find ways to be flexible, or prepared enough to survive those days, and still do what is important to me.

And, even if I stumble along the way, it's OK! 

Here is how day 2 went! 


The Diet

Since I was in a bad emotional state, the diet part didn't go too well. I had
  • 1 orange + 1 pear
  • 17 croquettes + 1 glass of orange juice
To sum up: I didn't eat enough, and the wrong food. To explain the croquettes. My boyfriend made fish-fingers (yuck!) with croquettes and ate it in the living room. This was about the same time that I got the bad news. I was so upset at hungry at that moment (around 2 PM), that I just ate four of his croquettes. When I wanted to make my soup in the evening then, I realized we were out of soup. That was the last straw for me and I just made the other croquettes in the oven then. And to be honest: I don't regret it. But I do want to avoid such scenarios in the future. 

For me, this diet is less about losing weight, but about making healthier choices. I didn't respect my body today, but it's already better than two days ago. Tomorrow is a new day full of choices, and I intend to do better, without the need to beat myself up about today. 

I'll take this day to practice forgiving myself :) We are usually so hard on ourselves, it's good to be kind even though we mess up sometimes.

Cardio

Starting my workout and the cardio didn't take me as long as yesterday, and I kept procrastination to a minimum. P. had to go to physiotherapy at around 12, so I used that time to do my workout. Although I usually love doing Tracy’s other cardio DVDs, especially those with choreography, this one is a real chore for me. It has no choreography, so there is less to learn and be distracted by, but I don't feel excited about it.  I think I might need to create my own playlist in order to get the most out of this workout, as the music choices are a little disappointing this time. I still needed to stop frequently, and the light headed feeling only left after I aired the room. Cardio was pretty much the same as yesterday, although I am happy I just did it without procrastinating, and with everything I needed ready. 


What I want to improve:
  • Air the room before I do the workout


Workout

The workout went well with no major difficulties. The legs part was still a challenge, but more because of my listlessness than anything else. I was also distracted by P. when he came home, although he did try to cheer me on and keep me going when I let my legs drop. I really hope that I'll be able to do it properly in ten days, and that my motivation will pick up. 



After today, I know why doing the workout in the mornings is best. Things just seem to get in your way more during the day. Unexpected thing tend to pop up, and chores and relationships demand attention. That is why I want to do my workouts in the morning from now on. Starting early, I can guarantee that I have done it, no matter what comes up during the day.  It also relieves my mind, as I can forget about it during the rest of the day. It also gives you a real reason to jump into the shower. :)

This was it for today, 
I send you all my love and strenght, 

Shauna

PS: I know I posted too late again. I started writing at around 11PM but got so distracted by P. playing Zelda on the Wii. ... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment