January 29, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 12 1/2

Wow...today was a toughy!

So many things came together today that I only managed to do the workout in the end.
I just finished it a couple of minutes ago (3:26AM) and I know that my workout habits
are really not ideal!

I've slipped into the "sleep in late, go to bed really late" habit, and it's going to be my target
for the next week. I want to go to bed latest 12 and get up before 10 AM. (yeah...poor student)

I had the opportunity to do the workout at around 1PM today, but I was still in bed and couldn't motivate myself to do it while P. was at the doctors. But: I did use that time to create some content for this blog :) Not all time was wasted.

After that the day just seemed to get out of control. We brought our kitten to the vet at around 4, and Boo was diagnosed with panleukopenia (cat-plague?). Of course I started researching like mad as soon as I was back home, but what I found didn't really cheer me up. The survival rate is at 25%. But I am really hoping that we will make it through. When I look at Boo, I can't imagine that she could be dying at the moment...she looks and feels too alive. That's why I believe she will make it; I didn't pick her for no reason, she's a fighter!

Boo is watching you :)

The other reason I was spending my time procrastinating, was that I should be preparing for an exam. The exam is scheduled for Wednesday, and I only started looking at the scripts today...

I know I could've managed my time better, and also done a better job at TA, but I'm still just starting out. It takes time to create the habit of exercise, and just the fact that I showed up for the workout in the middle of the night is already a win! (Also: Thanks to P. for kicking me in the ass and making me do it)



The Diet

You don't really want to know what happened to my diet today...I don't even know. I've got this amazing menu for the entire week, and I didn't even make it to the shops to buy what I need. I am a little short on money at the moment too, so I was also scared that I might not be able to finance anything else but junk food that is cheaper. In the end we just didn't go shopping, and ended up having frozen pizza.

I ate about half of mine with the addition of ice cream. I hadn't eaten anything properly the entire day, so I absolutely set myself up for the crap-food-fest that I had in the evening. When I came home at 10 PM from a study-date with a friend, I was craving bread and so I made myself two sandwiches with a cup of tea.


I still feel sick from them nearly five hours later. I feel sick and disappointed that I am consistently making the wrong food decisions. This is the reason I want to cut sweets out of my menu entirely. It's OK to have a little something once in a while, but it is not good to just eat it because it's around, or because I am bored. That just shows my emotional relationship to food.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping FOR REAL!

Cardio

Here are the 6 reasons I didn't do the cardio today:
  • I had the excuse that my foot was hurting
  • I didn't use my window of opportunity
  • I didn't ask P. to leave the living room 
  • I didn't want to do it 
  • It's too late to do the cardio at 3AM
  • I drag it out for so long that I get tired and less motivated
As I think that the cardio is very important for my personal fitness goal, the next days will be about doing it before 8 PM. This way I am still fit and it's not too late.

Workout

I am very proud that I did the workout. I could really feel the arms today and the abs section kills me now. There are one or two moves that I just can't do without flopping onto the floor. I've read that some women think the standing abs section is hilarious, or even ridiculous; the only women who say that, are those that have not yet done it right. If you really do the standing abs with total focus on your belly...it's a killer, and there is no question that it does something for your body. (It's also great fun :))

The legs part is going much better, although I wasn't all there today. As it is so later, and I knew that I still had to report back to you, I got sloppy towards the end. I did work up a good sweat though, and it was definitely worth it. :)

I can feel that this weeks workout is going to really show in my results, and I am thinking of doing the bonus days (those I've missed) with this workout section. 



Today was yet another example of how I don't want my workout days to go, and I'll start implementing my new rules this week. 

For now I want to wish you well, 

Shauna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment