January 28, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 11

I just finished researching the menu for next week and I am a little exhausted.

It's not easy to find meals that are gluten-free and dairy-free and that appeal to me. (I'm a picky eater) I have integrated some meals that I am a little weary off, and I still can't get around to eating salads. (meh...)

I've been browsing the web for at least four hours now, with the occasional procrastination, and I think I've found some interesting options, and blogs. It's not all gluten, or dairy-free and I've still got meat included, although I want to start finding tasty alternatives.

As I am also a little short on money at the moment, I will have to see how much the entire week will cost me, and come up with some compromises. :)

Today was also the first day of my new workout-section and boy was this one a challenge! I am very pleased of the changes, and there were some pretty cool moves included that I haven't seen so far. Was verry happy and I think I will have more enthusiasm for the workout!



The Diet

As I have already mentioned above, I finally managed to make a menu for the week. My long-term goal is to have a 80% dairy-free and gluten-free diet, but it's something that needs to become a habit. 

I've tried to change my diet from one day to the other, and it just killed all my passion for food. I felt deprived instead of excited about all the new possibilities. 

Now I have decided to just take it slowly and to increase the percentage of the desired foods over time. This way I can still have some of the foods I love, but a predominantly healthy diet. I hope to find some "go-to" recipes during the next few weeks, to make the weekly planning easier. 

Menu (let's see what will happen to it during the week, the order might change a little)

Monday:       1) -- pre-shopping meal ;)               2) Salad with chicken stripes
Tuesday:      1) Fruit Smoothie                             2) Raclette with friends
Wednesday: 1) Strawberry-pear smoothie           2) Vegan Creamy Pasta
Thursday:     1) Raw Buckwheat porridge           2) Wraps with fruit and rice (+ vegan sour cream)
Friday:          1) Apple-Pear-Banan smoothie       2) Oregano Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower
Saturday:      1) Mango Breakfast Parfait             2) Potatoes with Baconstrips and Salad
Sunday:         1) Cinnamon apple crunch muffins  2) Sausages with potato salad

Today P. and I had some great things to eat, even though they might not be everyday options. But, vegetables were involved! ;)

For breakfast I really wanted to have something sweet, so apple-cakes it was :) I've been thinking of making these for the last couple of days. When P. told me to finally do something with the apples rotting away in our kitchen, I knew the time was right. 

Here is how I made them: 

1) Prepare pancake batter. I used soy-milk (although I'd like to try almond-milk) and whole wheat flour.
2) Peel apples and remove the core
3) Cut apples into thin slices and cover in batter
4) Heat some oil (or whatever you like to use) and fry the apple-cakes until they are crispy and brown 
5) Add fruits, lemon juice, cinnamon or sugar to taste (I had prunes again :D)


I loved this dish for breakfast. Gave me a nice warm feeling while looking at the snow outside. 

I was pretty good when it came to snacking today, as I only had two little lapses. Lapses might not seem like the right word, as I want to allow myself one treat a day.

While cooking I had a slice of bread with butter and cheese on it that I stuck into the microwave. For some reason I really wanted to have old bread with molten cheese....

For dinner we had a variation of my cream sauce with chicken, as we really needed to use up the chicken in the fridge, before it started walking and talking. 

Instead of mashed potato, we had some penne with the sauce I mentioned here, and I didn't cut the chicken into strips. 

I found a can of carrots and peas in my pantry, and thought they would go really well with the other ingredients. 

As it turns out, it all tasted amazing together. This is really one of my new favorite dishes. 
Maybe I can find a good substitute for the 50g of creme fraiche that I use to make the sauce creamy. 


Having peas and carrots today, really showed me that I want to incorporate more vegetables and fruits into my diet. It's so easy to slip into a processed, heavy and fast-food diet when you have limited time for cooking. 

But there are so many great women and men out there cooking amazing and healthy things that I am sure I will find enough inspiration :)

Cardio

Cardio was sort of a fail today. I was not motivated at all to begin with, and it didn't get better. I was bored of routine, and this led to very heavy movements. After 21 minutes I switched the DVD player off and gave up for today. My feet and legs were really hurting, due to my heavy and careless movements, and so I stopped before I really injured myself. 

As a counter action I might do one of Tracy's other cardios tomorrow, to change it up a little.

Workout

I was really impressed by the new workout today! After I was so bored last week, I think the new movements will keep me motivated for a while. I haven't seen any of these movement before, and there is enough alternation to keep it interesting.

There is a noticeable change in the speed of the workout and I really felt challenged. The movements are quicker and there is more variation in the angles than before. Even though I am used to Tracy's other arm workouts, this one is very different.

It is also one of those times that I really noticed that she doesn't give many instructions. It was more apparent in the legs part than before, but because she switches the routine so often and quickly, it was hard to follow at times.




All in all, I am very happy with the new workout and I think that day 20 will show even better results :)

I'd love to know if you are currently working on a new workout routine, or maybe even a dietary change, and how you are approaching it all!

Take care,

Shauna :)







No comments:

Post a Comment