January 27, 2013

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Day 10 and Review

Yey! Day 10 has arrived and so has my first big review day!

Preparing today's post has taken me even longer than usual, but I hope that the content will make up for it :)

10 days of exercise - phew! (my friend Natalia on the right :))
Somehow it's been a very long but also short week. I am very proud that I managed to finally do an exercise regime for more than two days. It has happened so often that the smallest obstacle would totally throw me, but this time I just moved on no matter what happened. I also think that this is thanks to you. You make me feel accountable and keep me going, even if it gets hard. Thank you!

Today I've also got a little something for you: A VIDEO!! *muahaha* It's my very first video ever, and I hope it will give you an insight into my daily cardio workout :)


Measurements

Before:
  • Weight: 64 kg
  • Arms: 30,5 cm
  • Chest: 93 cm
  • Waist (bellybutton): 77,5 cm
  • Waist (center of fat): 85,5 cm
  • Thighs: 59,5 cm
After:
  • Weight: 65 kg
  • Arms: 29 cm
  • Chest: 92 cm
  • Waist (bellybutton): 76 cm
  • Waist (center of fat): 84 cm
  • Thighs: 58 cm
As you can see, I've lost approx. 1,5 cm in most areas, which is a lot for 10 days. I have ... reasons why I have an extra kg now. 

  1. Muscle weighs more than fat - maybe it's really the case that I have an extra kg of muscle now ;)
  2. I gained 1 kg because I wasn't watching what I was eating
  3. The 4,50€ scale is just not trustworthy - I have a different weight every time I get onto that stupid thing
Whatever the reason is, this is why you get a measuring tape with the Metamorphosis package. Even though my weight might indicate that I only gained weight during the last week, my measurements clearly show that a lot has changed. (yey)

I also noticed a big improvement in my calves. They are firmer  than before, with clear muscle definition. This is also true for my thighs, even though I've still got some fat to lose there.

The Diet

As you know, I've sort of chickend out from the original diet and I still need to get sorted with my healthy weekly menu for next week. I was at a friends place today, where she showed me her amazing menu-planer and also calorie counter. It's a program called fddb (only in German) and you can log what you've been eating and create your own menus. She plans her menus every Sunday and then goes shopping once a week. I admire her discipline and organization, and I will try doing the same from Monday on. 

For breakfast I had my usual sandwich (it just doesn't get boring) with lettuce and some ham and a cup of tea. In between, I had about 10 toffifee's (little chocolates) because I just couldn't help myself, and then we visited friends to make some sushi.

P. making sushi with EVERYTHING in it :)
I've never actually made sushi before and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of them anyway. I don't like fish and eating sushi with avocados just doesn't do it for me. Nevertheless, making them was fun :)



I only  had four in total, but you wouldn't believe how fast these two plates where empty :) 
And, since I didn't eat sushi, I had two small toasts with a little butter and cheese. 

Cardio

Cardio nearly killed me today :) Because I was trying to impress you and P. I actually tried to perform the cardio; I am clearly not ready for that yet. 

Especially for you, as a first time review special, I prepared a little video. It's not movie-magic, but I think it will be enough for it's purpose. 

I am sorry, if I seem a little flustered in the video, but I was really nervous to start with, and P. had just given me the shock of my life 10 minutes before. I have a huge fear of faces just turning up in front of my window, and P. did just that. While I was preparing my camera, he went out on the balcony and then just shouted and pressed his face against the window. I nearly cried that's how frightened I was. And he had just scared me half an hour before, when I went outside the kitchen....it's all his fault really :) 

Still, I hope you can benefit from this little video, it took a lot of courage :)



Sorry for the bad quality, but I didn't find a better way to upload this video here. I couldn't upload it from my computer, so I had to upload it to YouTube (which I didn't really want) and this is the result. Meh...

I really hope it works for you now, and please leave me a note, if you have problems viewing!

Workout

I've been complaining about the workout for a week now, as it is very similar to the mat-workout I have already done, and it didn't really challenge me. I am looking forward to my new workout section tomorrow and hope that it will be more challenging and exciting :) 

The only other thing that I can say here, is that a fitness mat makes life so much easier. I wouldn't do my workout without one now! (Thank you P. for spoiling me and buying me one :))

Kitten News

I know that this has nothing to do with the workout, but I've been writing a little about my new kitten Boo, and so I wanted to update news on her too :)

Sadly, it's not looking too good. We put her on a black tea and chicken diet (because of her diarrhea), but it doesn't seem to work. Today she was really bad again, stinking the place up and dripping little surprises for us all over the living room. 

Makes me sad to think that I have her for two weeks now, and I couldn't enjoy being a cat-mommy at all. As Boo is a farm-cat, she is still shy (although getting better), and being sick just makes things worse. I know that I don't like people getting to close when I'm ill, so I can't even blame her for hissing and being all moody. 

P. and I will take her to the vet on monday, if things don't go better, and I really hope she will make it through this whole thing. She's so cute and beautiful, and I don't want my first kitten do die on me after two weeks. So lets pray that everything will go well :)



I took me AGES to get this post finished for you guys and now it's time for me to go to bed.

Let me know what you think, and how things are working for you, 

Shauna


No comments:

Post a Comment